Saturday 24 July 2010

the graduation wardrobe


This week has been "grad week" at my uni (University of Sheffield) and I went along to Stefan's ceremony to celebrate his 2.1 and the week long festivities whilst pretending it was my year to finish (one more still to go!). For those graduating, the enormous draping capes and the ever-bizarre mortar board created some awkward wardrobe dilemmas. However as a guest it was even trickier. Obviously it wasn't my big day (and I think I was just invited as a bit of arm candy) so the 'what-to-wear' issue seemed more taxing than usual. I don't own many daytime, smart,wedding-goer dresses and most of mine I've realised are indecently short for a family do! So this, coupled with the English temperamental weather, left me with my summer staple blue shift dress (a Spanish number at a splendid €8 sales price), an old white Zara jacket and some sensible black heels.


Me trying out the mortar board



Stefan all kitted up and ready to go in










Celebrations in the sun at the Dam House

No comments:

Post a Comment